Research & Insights
Founded in 1997 in Tampa, Florida, Suncoast Equity Management, LLC is an investment management firm committed to building upon and preserving your
personal net worth. We do this by investing in the common stock of high-quality companies over the long term. In doing so, our portfolio has earned
returns above the market averages since inception.
Our strategy was developed and is managed by our founder and chief investment officer, Donald R. Jowdy. Mr. Jowdy has avidly studied the investment techniques of some of the leading investors in the world. After extensive research, Mr. Jowdy created a five-step process called the Suncoast Equity Management Disciplined Investment System (SEM-DIS), which is based on the time-tested, proven investment principles of Warren Buffet and Benjamin Graham. Through our investment management system, we are able to carefully select a portfolio of stocks that clients can hold on to for a long time while incurring less risk than the overall market as represented by the S&P 500 Total Return Index.
The essence of our approach toward investment management is to select individual companies which score highly in Suncoast Equity Management's
Disciplined Investment System, abbreviated as SEM-DIS. The five-step process of SEM-DIS is as follows:
- Financial Performance and Strength - We identify companies which earn above-average return on capital, generate excess free cash flow, and employ moderate to low debt.
- Business Track Record - We focus on companies that have a long-term operating history. As the saying goes, past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior. To properly research the past performance of a business, you must have time, perseverance, and knowledge about what to look for in a growing, successful operation. Suncoast Equity Management takes care of this intensive research for you.
- Business Outlook and Opportunities - We select companies with favorable long-term business prospects. We want to own companies that have a sustainable franchise or business advantage. We seek growth businesses.
- Account Size: The minimum account size is $250,000
- Management Fee: Our management fee is 1% per year
- Opening Your Account: We seek clients who share our long-term approach to building wealth. We welcome individuals to meet with us to discuss their investment objectives and the possibility of opening an account
Articles of Interest
Investing money is an endeavor that should not be taken lightly. Many people would agree that the most desirable investments are those achieving the highest possible returns while simultaneously taking less risk. At Suncoast Equity Management, a Tampa, Florida investment management firm, we strive to achieve this goal. For your convenience, we have assembled the following articles which hope will help answer some of your investment questions. If you have further questions or comments you'd like to discuss with us, please feel free to call us at (813) 963-0502 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
Learn more about Suncoast Equity Management and our other strategic partners
Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investments in ETFs, Mutual Funds, SMA's and Private Investments involve risk, including possible loss of some or all your principal. Asset allocation and diversification may not protect against market risk, loss of principal or volatility of returns. This email is for investment professionals only. Do not forward to retail investors. Registered Representative with UMB Distribution Services, LLC 235 W. Galena, Milwaukee, WI 53212